Photography contest for all in Greenland!
Science surrounds us and forms our lives, yet we all have a tendency of taking it for granted. It’s important to acknowledge the role that past and current scientific advances have played in our well-being, our culture, and our ways of living. With this competition, we challenge people to show a connection between an image and a scientific phenomenon to increase the awareness of the science around us. We are looking forwards to seeing your photos and texts!
- To participate, send a digital photograph, taken in Greenland, with a short text (in Greenlandic, Danish, or English, 1-3 sentences) describing the image and how it relates to the theme ‘’science around me’’. Send your photo and text to email@example.com with your name, your age, and your city/town of residence.
- The contest is open to anyone living in Greenland.
- One photograph per participant is allowed.
- You can register until 30 April 2022.
- The judging criteria are: relevance to the theme, visual aspect, emotional value, and originality.
- There are 4 categories: kids <12, junior 12-18, senior 18-60, elders >60.
- The 5 best photographs/texts in each category will receive gift certificates from Pisiffik (value between 250 and 750 kr.)
- All winning photographs/texts will be shown at a temporary exhibition at the Nuuk Local Museum, and thereafter in a public space (school, café, etc.) in the city or town of the winner.